Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy Weekend For Our Family

Well...not really the family, just me. The Stake President called this past Saturday afternoon and wanted to see Janet and I as soon as possible. We already had plans to go to a friends wedding reception at 6:30 pm and I had an appointment with the Bishop at 8 pm. So we squoze the Stake President in at 7:30 pm. I was all ready to be released and thanked for my time served. Janet was speculating all over the place...Bishop, counselor, high counsel....

Well, I was released! Then asked to serve as the first counselor to the new Bishop. His name is Steve Bjornberg. He and I went to school together a few years ago (to get our master's in Public Administration.) He was also the Young Men's President when we first moved into the ward 12 years ago and he called me as his first counselor back then. And to top it off he called Merrill Brockbank to be his second counselor the same as he did twelve years ago in the YM Presidency. LeeAnn Brockbank (Merrill's wife) pointed that out after we had been set apart. I thought about that for a moment and turned to Bishop Bjornberg and told him that if he were called as Stake President that we were moving.

Sunday was like a blur to me. You would think that I would be used to it, being in the previous bishopric. But for some reason I was still overwhelmed. I think it goes back to the fact that I was called into an existing situation and I was able to just follow the lead of Bishop Ferrin and Brian Brown. I'll admit, Brian and Bishop Ferrin did most of the work. I just tried to keep up with them and learn from them. I just hope that I learned enough to help Bishop Bjornberg make a smooth transition.

So, Dad. You almost got it. I'll call you later.

No comments: