Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Disney World Vacation

Day 6

Thursday morning Sarah and I got up and got going while Janet, Eric and Amanda slept in. Sarah was very excited to get over to the Animal Kingdom and ride the Expedition Everest roller coaster. I didn't want to risk my camera so I didn't take any pictures of that. Just before noon, or just after, I can't remember, Janet and the other kids joined up with us and we spent the afternoon together riding and having fun.



This was kinda cool. The characters are Goofy, Mickey and Pluto. The ride around in a boat on the lagoon and wave to the crowds. Then they dock and greet the visitors.


A stack of copper pots as part of the decorations while waiting for the Wild River ride. Notice the poncho sticking out from behind my back. The first day we rode this we had no protection. This time we were prepared.

I don't know. Maybe because we'd been to this park before, but we didn't take very many pictures this time around.

After spending the afternoon at the Animal Kingdom we headed back to our hotel to get cleaned up for dinner. Janet got us seats at the luau they have each night at the Polynesian Resort where we stayed. It was very "PCC" (Polynesian Cultural Center) like at Laie, Hawaii. Dinner and a show and very well done. We had a blast.

Mandy was so hungry she tried to eat her lei. Really, see the plate in front of her....she ate the whole thing.

Our cuties.

Eric ate the most....and was very proud of it.

Tongan dancer.

Maori dancers.

Maori dancers with poi balls. It's tough to get the balls going on one hand, but they had two in each hand. I used to be able to do one hand, now I can't even get them going at all. I'll have to make some and practice at home.

Tahitian Dancers.

Then they brought out a guy that is supposed to be the World Champion Fire Dancer. He performed for almost 15 minutes and only set the stage on fire once. HA. He really did, but he just stepped on it and put it out. At one time he had two batons going at the same time.


Sarah was invited up to participate in a dance. She had a great time. I'm very proud of all my kids. They're game to try anything and participate. I don't think there was ever a time on this trip they didn't just get in there and go for it. I was a little chicken growing up and I regret not trying some things.

After dinner Sarah and I decided to go to the pool and relax.

But I couldn't. The water was cold. You can't tell but Sarah was shivering too. We decided to go back to the hotel room and get dressed and do something else.

The something else was video games at the game room at the hotel. It was packed full of video games and other such entertainment. Sarah, Janet and I spent a while there entertaining ourselves while Eric slept and Amanda texted her friends and walked on the beach.



Near midnight the fireworks started at the Magic Kingdom. It was graduation night at the Magic Kingdom. Seniors from around the area spend the night at the park starting at 10 or 11pm. and stay until 6 or 7am. I remember doing the same sort of thing at Disneyland during my senior year in SoCal. Anyway, Amanda and a spent a while on the end of the pier and took photos of the fireworks at the park.

Well....I took pictures and Amanda did....guess!


On the way back to the hotel I tried to take a photo of the building our room was in. Ours was on the ground floor, just inside the door on the left.

Amanda and I went to the main building and picked up Sarah and Janet and we headed to bed. You can tell I was ready for bed.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You look tired! Always a good sign of having some real fun! The dancers looked very entertaining. Bet you didn't know that I once learned the poi balls (or however you spell it). Ahhh, those were the days....