Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snow, Snow, Stay Away...

The weather report says that we're gonna have a snow storm early next week...just in time for the Presidential Election. We've been blessed with very good weather for the past couple of weeks. I've usally packed away the golf clubs for the season by now. Last night I took advantage of the mild weather and got in 9 holes. I tried to get all sorts of people to go with me, but to no avail. Janet volunteered to go with me but Sarah wanted to go pick out pumpkins for carving last night. I went by myself and it was a beautiful afternoon. 78 degrees and very little wind. Oh to live in a warmer climate, on a beach or a tropical island for that matter.

We carved pumpkins last night. 3 nights before Halloween is kinda late, but had we put them out a couple of weeks ago they would be rotting in the warm weather anyway. Janet and Sarah picked out some of the biggest we've had in a long time. I'll try to get Janet to publish her pictures of the festivities. First I'll have to teach her how.

Janet and the girls have had a blast decorating for Halloween this year. They've gone all out with lights and "Caution" tape. Now they're thinking of building ghosts. Again, I'll try to get photos of the decorations on line in the near future.

3 comments:

Donna said...

I wanna see, I wanna see!!!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Yes! Janet must bring pictures on a camera so we can ALL SEE! But better still to be posted on the blog.

Suzanne said...

Is that why our pumpkin only lasts about 3 days? We keep it inside in the warm or even outside it's warm. Heck, we went trick or treating in shorts last night. Yuck!